JCB will show a full range of it’s a tailor made machines for the quarrying, construction and recycling industries across two stands – including a Hillhead debut for the ground-breaking JCB Hydradig 110W.
The JCB Hydradig is a brand new tool-carrying solution that brings innovation and engineering excellence to the growing compact wheeled machine sector of the market. The revolutionary machine delivers on five important customer criteria, offering unparalleled visibility, stability, manoeuvrability, mobility and serviceability. The new concept brings new levels of digging, lifting, loading and tool-carrying performance to urban construction, highway maintenance and municipal operations.
It delivers a number of “firsts” in five key areas:
- Visibility – an unmatched operator view around the machine
- Stability – a low centre of gravity to allow stable lifting and excellent travel speeds
- Mobility – achievable 40km/h travel between job sites
- Manoeuvrability – all-wheel steer delivers maximum urban usability
- Serviceability – ground level access to all maintenance points
The JCB Hydradig has a sturdy all-wheel drive, four-wheel steer chassis, based on JCB’s proven Loadall telescopic handler concept. This delivers three-mode steering for maximum manoeuvrability and stability when travelling at speed. Power comes from JCB’s proven Ecomax Stage IIIB/Tier 4 Interim diesel engines, delivering 81kW (108hp) and industry-leading levels of low rpm torque. The engine achieves the Tier 4 Interim emission levels without an expensive Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), reducing cost and complexity for the customer.